For this order to 3 architects to each one paint one of the 3 doors of a lobby, the topic was free. Instead to realize on a door what could have been pained on a (more conventional 2D support) the thoughts consists to identify the specificities of the decorative painting of the doors, as follow.
the choice of a topic to paint on a door surface is from the reading of this dynamic support.
- the door is industrialized, mechanic, swiveling, sliding, or tipping, opened, half-opened or closed.
- the door invites, suggests or forbids going towards other places.
- the door is the memory of movements between spaces that she connects or splits,
- the door is a mechanism within an orthogonal apparatus, tangential to the globe, precise, functional and universal.
from those features the intervention borns.
- the door will be the topic painted upon the door as the graphic support.
- the means of expressions will be geometrical, built, and minimalist; applied on the object, the outline allows to distinguish the components simultaneously expressing the links between them.
- the board is represented by the 2 medium lines and patterned like a chess game.
- the pivots are represented by the surfaces issued from their location and distance to the board edges.
- the handle and the locker are represented by the circularity of their mechanism.
- the spoils are expressed on the frame.
each element generates the pattern, evoking functions; affected by a respective color, they contribute to the composition... a graphic molding (modenature) of the door.
- the colors apply to the apparatus according the rules. they are contextual or individual by the immensity of the chromatic possibilities.
- the system can be adapted to any kind of door sizes, and applicable as a universal and non-temporal system.